Saturday, December 6, 2008

Now I've Caught My Hands in the Death Machine

I was supposed to begin the treacherous process of studying for finals today, but I couldn't. Rough night, you might say; 24 hours later, I am still reeling and trying to stop my head from spinning. This is almost worse than the time I got food poisoning. Almost. 

My flight home has been booked and, now, it's just a matter of getting through this week. 
I've realized that every time I am at school, I want to be home; whenever I am home, all I can think about is returning to La Jolla. This really only makes the rain cloud hovering over my head just that much bigger.

I have also come to realize that I don't know what I want. There is this great gaping chasm that, try as I might, just won't close. I can't figure it out, but, honestly, living day-to-day with the feeling that something is missing makes my life really frustrating and miserable. I try not to let it manifest on my face, so as not to give anything away, because, frankly, even when people mean well, I hate being asked "Are you okay?" 




Don't I look okay?

No comments: